Skip to main content

Failing

So yeah. As you can tell I have failed at making sure to blog every week. This has also leaked Into my other two goals for this year, as well. But, be that as it may, I am still going to try to keep up with these goals in the future - just need to keep them in sight.

The past two weeks have been fast and furious, although looking back there were some long days mixed in there, as well. We hit the100th day of school on Monday, meaning there are only 77 teaching days left. I honestly have to say that I'm a little excited about that. Every year brings its challenges but this year has been tough in so many ways. I always grow from these experiences, it's just the growing pains that get me.

I have been so blessed to be able to share doTERRA's oils with many wonderful women in the past two weeks and have enjoyed sharing in their excitement in learning about natural ways to heal and protect their children, husbands, and friends. We already have several potential classes where we can further share these oils. Guess that means I need to get organized with my business. I purchased my first bit of marketing aid last night. Now I just need to get it all in order and ready to go. I'm looking forward to what this adventure brings as well as the goal of being able to stay home with our future children.

Financial Peace Update:
We are slowly creeping up on paying off the car. March 1st should be my happy dance day (K will just be happy) where we will celebrate the paying off of the car. Perhaps we'll take that bad boy out for a spin, relishing in our achievement. WE ARE SO EXCITED! We are getting so much closer to our financial dreams! Debt Free! If you would have told us even a year ago that we would already be at this point we would have been skeptical. Only three school loans stand in our way until baby step 3. We can do it!

Have a great week y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motherhood Movement, Part II

Last week I started sharing my thoughts from an Instagram story I stumbled upon. Here is part II.   "There is a movement of mothers, feeling pulled back to the forgotten skills of their great-grandmother's generation." @siloandsage When we were really little, I remember going to my paternal great-grandmother's house - especially playing games there with my sister. More recent memories with her included visits in her home and celebrating her 100th birthday among family. Those were many years ago now. The short story is that I don't have too many memories with my great-grandmother that were long lasting BUT I do have MANY, many beautiful memories with my maternal grandmother. -Surviving tornadoes in her basement and playing Can't Stop. -Toasted tomato sandwiches. YUM! -Her teeth popping out when she laughed too hard. This happened quite often. -Riding Mr. Freeze with her as a teenager - did I mention she was 60+ years older than me??? I seriously could go on an...

Writer's Corner Numbers 9 and 10

I’m taking a short break from talking about Alaska today in hopes of sharing my perspective on something that is now called Patriot’s Day: September 11th. I found myself being wrapped up in the remembering of this day this year. Although I do not know any individuals that were directly impacted this day in 2001 I still feel remorse for this day. I was listening to the radio a few weeks ago when the DJs were challenging their listeners to do something of importance for anyone on Patriot’s Day – to show them love and appreciation. I heard them mentioning something about thanking your local officials, including police officers and fire fighters. Right then a thought came to me – HUGE and vivid. I began writing to my principal with this plan that I had for my school. I am so glad that my school has jumped on board with this, especially with such short notice. We’re not doing the plans large scale this year but hope to do so next year. Each grade level “adopted” a fire station and all of ou...

Writer's Corner 7-8, Week 2: Alaskan Honeymoon, Part 1

The past few times that I have begun to write I have had a “block” and just couldn’t think of what to write. Tonight is another one of those times. So, I decided to look back at my ideas from previous weeks and go from there. One thing that I know I can write a lot about is our honeymoon. I don’t think I have ever gotten a chance to share it with anyone before so . . . here goes. Wedding day: May 2nd, 2009. Every honeymoon begins with a wedding, right? We got married at my church home in Buffalo Gap, TX. We greatly enjoyed it – especially being “arrested” and taken away in a Sheriff squad car. I can officially say that I have ridden in the back of one and have been handcuffed. It was a lot of fun. Well, we got to the actual get-away car to find that my sister and his brother forgot to leave the keys. So, we made a call and then they were there with the keys. It was actually quite comical. We stayed in Abilene for the night at a beautiful hotel. The next day we drove to our rent hous...