Isn't Mother's Day great? I definitely appreciate all the Mothers in my life [Mom, Grandma, Mary, Sharon, Granny] and all they do and have done for me. I definitely appreciated the phone call from Jim today too wishing me a happy Mother's Day - due to my two small children [Kiana and Kacey]. That really made my day; hopefully one day my children will include humans. :)
Today was a somewhat busy day. We got up and made it to church - week 2! That's right, two in a row. This morning Kevin spoke to us about the "greaterthanness" of God and how is much greater than anything in our lives, no matter how HUGE it seems to us. One of the songs that really stuck out to me this morning was "Our God" by Chris Tomlin. Look it up! [For some reason I cannot copy and paste the link into my post - will need to look into this]
Afterwards, we tried looking for a place to eat but since it was Mother's Day there were people everywhere. We eventually decided on Mejor que Nada [which I haven't been to since my the summer before my Junior year in college] and it was really good. I'm glad they reopened it. Then we came home and took a little siesta [nap :)] we eventually got up and went to go see Granny but she was already asleep. We came home and I cooked chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, thick white pepper gravy [still learning how to make that the right way], corn on the cob, and dinner rolls [yes I referred to them as rolls and not biscuits :)]. Then we went on up to the hospital to bring Sharon her cards and flowers [from Nat & Mara, we were just the messengers] and talked to her for a good . . . let's see . . . 3 hours or so. We always plan on just staying for a few minutes but then end up being there for a while - I can't complain though because I love our time together.
Exercise: Nope, yet again I did absolutely nothing. :/
Word: For today's reading I am looking at another name for God: "Jehovah-Jireh" or "The Lord Will Provide". In Genesis 22:14, Abraham gives thanks for the provision of the Lord of a sacrifice and names the land in honor of this great blessing. As I read the story of Abraham and the Lord's call for him to sacrifice his son, I think about all the little things I worry about [even those things that the Lord has placed on my heart]. If they are from the Lord, why do I need to worry? He will provide in HIS TIMING. I have to be patient and in prayer to ensure that I am still in His will and that I am better able to be listening.
I only have 14 more school days left until Summer! This week will be crazy with our Cereal Box projects taking place on Tuesday and Thursday and our Field Day is on Friday, not to mention all my observations and conferences that I have this week. Ugh! :) I'll let you know how it goes.
Today was a somewhat busy day. We got up and made it to church - week 2! That's right, two in a row. This morning Kevin spoke to us about the "greaterthanness" of God and how is much greater than anything in our lives, no matter how HUGE it seems to us. One of the songs that really stuck out to me this morning was "Our God" by Chris Tomlin. Look it up! [For some reason I cannot copy and paste the link into my post - will need to look into this]
Afterwards, we tried looking for a place to eat but since it was Mother's Day there were people everywhere. We eventually decided on Mejor que Nada [which I haven't been to since my the summer before my Junior year in college] and it was really good. I'm glad they reopened it. Then we came home and took a little siesta [nap :)] we eventually got up and went to go see Granny but she was already asleep. We came home and I cooked chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, thick white pepper gravy [still learning how to make that the right way], corn on the cob, and dinner rolls [yes I referred to them as rolls and not biscuits :)]. Then we went on up to the hospital to bring Sharon her cards and flowers [from Nat & Mara, we were just the messengers] and talked to her for a good . . . let's see . . . 3 hours or so. We always plan on just staying for a few minutes but then end up being there for a while - I can't complain though because I love our time together.
Exercise: Nope, yet again I did absolutely nothing. :/
Word: For today's reading I am looking at another name for God: "Jehovah-Jireh" or "The Lord Will Provide". In Genesis 22:14, Abraham gives thanks for the provision of the Lord of a sacrifice and names the land in honor of this great blessing. As I read the story of Abraham and the Lord's call for him to sacrifice his son, I think about all the little things I worry about [even those things that the Lord has placed on my heart]. If they are from the Lord, why do I need to worry? He will provide in HIS TIMING. I have to be patient and in prayer to ensure that I am still in His will and that I am better able to be listening.
I only have 14 more school days left until Summer! This week will be crazy with our Cereal Box projects taking place on Tuesday and Thursday and our Field Day is on Friday, not to mention all my observations and conferences that I have this week. Ugh! :) I'll let you know how it goes.
Comments
Post a Comment