And I loved it. A lady I worked with told me today that I am just a big kid, which really could be true in a very many number of ways, but I definitely can see that when it comes to things like Field Day. The morning was filled with many different activities from duck-duck-goose to 3-legged races. After lunch we did some water activities and the kids, and myself absolutely loved it. My favorite was these huge blow-up slides with water running down them - so fun! You may be thinking how did I enjoy myself with 20 6- & 7-year-olds running around in the midst of 400+ students needed to be kept up with. It's easy when you have great kids that are great leaders. It is amazing how much growth I have seen from my kids this year - truly amazing. If there are any doubts that creep into my mind about my choice of profession, when I look at those kids it is totally blocked out. Love those kids.
So, after this long day of Field Day I was definitely tired so I went home and took a big long nap. WRONG! No I stayed awake piddling on things that were just a waste of time. Then Karl and I caught up on episodes of House. It's getting pretty crazy with House these days. He's very unexpected!
Tomorrow, we are planning on heading to Abilene to go order my Bridesmaid dress for Kandice's wedding in October . . . hopefully it will have to be taken in by then. So that will be a quick trip . . . well, not so "quick" but we are not planning on staying or anything. It should be crazy there this weekend. My mom mentioned that something big is happening in town . . . hopefully not near where we're going. I am going to hope that it is more toward the ACU side of town :).
Exercise: Once again, nothing gym-wise. However, I did spend almost 3 hours outside with my students running around this morning and then almost 2 hours in the afternoon. I carried kids, ran around, and climbed a monstrous water slide. :) Loads of fun and hopefully loads of calories. :) I can hope, right? Another hope is that our elliptical comes in soon . . . Just saying . . .
Word: None tonight. I am praying for my sister's safely and that of her friends as they are driving up to California for a few weeks. I am also going to be praying for my dad and the information he received about his upcoming surgery - I haven't heard anything from dad yet, despite when called me originally back in April. Today he was going to be going in for his consultation before scheduling the surgery.
Night y'all.
So, after this long day of Field Day I was definitely tired so I went home and took a big long nap. WRONG! No I stayed awake piddling on things that were just a waste of time. Then Karl and I caught up on episodes of House. It's getting pretty crazy with House these days. He's very unexpected!
Tomorrow, we are planning on heading to Abilene to go order my Bridesmaid dress for Kandice's wedding in October . . . hopefully it will have to be taken in by then. So that will be a quick trip . . . well, not so "quick" but we are not planning on staying or anything. It should be crazy there this weekend. My mom mentioned that something big is happening in town . . . hopefully not near where we're going. I am going to hope that it is more toward the ACU side of town :).
Exercise: Once again, nothing gym-wise. However, I did spend almost 3 hours outside with my students running around this morning and then almost 2 hours in the afternoon. I carried kids, ran around, and climbed a monstrous water slide. :) Loads of fun and hopefully loads of calories. :) I can hope, right? Another hope is that our elliptical comes in soon . . . Just saying . . .
Word: None tonight. I am praying for my sister's safely and that of her friends as they are driving up to California for a few weeks. I am also going to be praying for my dad and the information he received about his upcoming surgery - I haven't heard anything from dad yet, despite when called me originally back in April. Today he was going to be going in for his consultation before scheduling the surgery.
Night y'all.
Comments
Post a Comment